Sainsbury’s reported strong interim results this week and is ‘confident’ going into the festive peak trading season, having made ‘record market share gains’ in the first half of the year.
- Grocery sales up 10.1%, volume growth driving record market share gains and consistent market outperformance
- Like-for-like Retail sales (excluding fuel) up 8.4%
- As food inflation comes down, savings are being passed on to consumers
- £118 million invested since March in keeping prices low, which has led to an increase in customers doing their big shops with Sainsbury’s
- Over three million new Digital Collectors since Nectar Prices launch in March
- 2.3% increase in online grocery sales
- 264 stores now operating online grocery and 321 operating click and collect, serving 99% of the UK population
As one of SUPR’s major tenants, we are pleased to see the continued success in grocery and retail sales by the big four grocer, as well as the growth in omnichannel operations through increased home delivery and click and collect fulfilment.